Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D Cross Section and Parametric Sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all

I am simulating a Cross section of a 3D problem. Everything goes well, except when I want to sweep a geometrical parameter (with the Parametric Sweep, not Auxiliary of course.)

If I do it, it does not reconstruct the 3D object and then takes the linecut. All I have is a warning: "3D objects preceding work plane need rebuild." That is strange as I am pretty sure it worked in the past (5.3)

Is there is a way to force the 5.3a version to update the 3D before taking the Cross Section ?

This is a severe limitation to Cross section...

PS: It works by sweeping a material parameter, so the parametric sweep is working

2 Replies Last Post 2018年5月24日 GMT-4 10:47
Daniel Bertilsson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT-4 09:56

Dear Jean,

This kind of modelling works only under certain conditions. Please send your model to COMSOL support, and we will help you.

Best regards, Daniel Bertilsson COMSOL AB

Dear Jean, This kind of modelling works only under certain conditions. Please send your model to COMSOL support, and we will help you. Best regards, Daniel Bertilsson COMSOL AB

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT-4 10:47
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年5月24日 GMT-4 10:47

Dear Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Fortunately, I solved my problem by : 1: rebooting the computer 2 :re-installing Comsol 5.3a

Don't ask me how, it fxed it, but it worked.

Best regards, Jean

Dear Daniel, Thanks a lot for your answer. Fortunately, I solved my problem by : 1: rebooting the computer 2 :re-installing Comsol 5.3a Don't ask me how, it fxed it, but it worked. Best regards, Jean

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.