Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency-Domain Modal Analysis of Piezoelectric Device

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I got a problem with the Frequency-Domain Modal Analysis. It works fine for the attached model until I add an electrical circuite connected to my device. I get the error "Feature: Modal Solver 1 (sol1/mo1) - No eigenpair solution detected." and have no clue how to solve that.

Any suggestions?

Best regards, Matthias

1 Reply Last Post 2018年5月29日 GMT-4 05:59

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月29日 GMT-4 05:59

Meanwhile I found out that by changing some properties of the Modal Solver, the error disappears, which leads me to another question: Is it possible to combine the Frequency-Domain Modal Analysis with an Electric Circuite Interface so that I can see Voltage and Current through a Resistor for a given harmonic perturbation of a vibrating beam, like in the model file above?

Br, Matthias

Meanwhile I found out that by changing some properties of the Modal Solver, the error disappears, which leads me to another question: Is it possible to combine the Frequency-Domain Modal Analysis with an Electric Circuite Interface so that I can see Voltage and Current through a Resistor for a given harmonic perturbation of a vibrating beam, like in the model file above? Br, Matthias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.