Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inductor wound around a coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I wanna simulate a coil wound on an iron core with just 5 turns made up of copper and I chose my physics to be AC DC module. I chose my study to be Stationary. But even then I get some errors like........ Division by zero. - Function: / Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: comp1.mf.Jex@VDN$comp1.mf.mtcd1.ICoil_ode - Defined as: comp1.mf.mtcd1.eCoilx(1/comp1.mf.mtcd1.area) Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: comp1.mf.Jx@VDN$comp1.mf.mtcd1.ICoil_ode - Defined as: comp1.mf.mtcd1.eCoilx(1/comp1.mf.mtcd1.area) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d(d((comp1.mf.d(-comp1.mf.Hxcomp1.mf.testcurlAx-comp1.mf.Hycomp1.mf.testcurlAy-comp1.mf.Hzcomp1.mf.testcurlAz+comp1.mf.Jxtest(comp1.mf.Adepx)+comp1.mf.Jytest(comp1.mf.Adepy)+comp1.mf.Jztest(comp1.mf.Adepz)))(dvol),{test@8}),comp1.mf.mtcd1.ICoil_ode)

I dont know why. Please help me. I dont know where I go wrong.

2 Replies Last Post 2018年6月18日 GMT+8 23:34

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年6月9日 GMT+8 13:08

I also get another error Errors during multiphysics. The DAE is structurally inconsistent. - Variables: 1 - Equations: 0

Please help me.

I also get another error Errors during multiphysics. The DAE is structurally inconsistent. - Variables: 1 - Equations: 0 Please help me.

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年6月18日 GMT+8 23:34

Hi Sangeerth P

Can you post the model or some screenshots?

Hi Sangeerth P Can you post the model or some screenshots?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.