Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can i get the solution of boundary condition?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using the Electrostatic model to solve Poission-Boltzman equation and I set two boundary conditions that two plates have constant electrical potential psi a and psi b . when given the value of psi a and b, i can get the pressure between two plates and after integrate the pressure,i can get the energy between two plate.

However, if i already have the energy value and potential value of one plate like psi a, can i get the value of other plates?
How to set these things?
Many Many thks!

4 Replies Last Post 2009年12月1日 GMT-5 16:55
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月23日 GMT-5 16:32
Hi

I do not have a ready answer, but I suspect that you can follow some of the suggestions discussed in the Multiphysics Blog some months ago by Niklas ROM of COMSOL,

try out "BACKWARD" www.comsol.com/community/blogs/multiphysics/9/

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not have a ready answer, but I suspect that you can follow some of the suggestions discussed in the Multiphysics Blog some months ago by Niklas ROM of COMSOL, try out "BACKWARD" http://www.comsol.com/community/blogs/multiphysics/9/ Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月24日 GMT-5 09:44
hi, Ivar,
thanks very much for your reply, it do give me some idea about the inverse problem.i would work on that recently.

en....i still have another problem that is can comsol draw an complex geometry automaticly?
For example, my geometry is a rough surface and i divided into 512 pitchs. In comsol model that means consist of 512 groups rectangular, each rectangular has their own distance. How can i draw the geometry like that?
I do not want to draw 512 times ........

Many many thanks!
hi, Ivar, thanks very much for your reply, it do give me some idea about the inverse problem.i would work on that recently. en....i still have another problem that is can comsol draw an complex geometry automaticly? For example, my geometry is a rough surface and i divided into 512 pitchs. In comsol model that means consist of 512 groups rectangular, each rectangular has their own distance. How can i draw the geometry like that? I do not want to draw 512 times ........ Many many thanks!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月27日 GMT-5 15:46
Hi
well either you could try a periodic boundar condition, or I would first try to make 1-2 elements with COMSOL, then save the file, open the "history" file and analyse the geometry section to complete that with a for loop, but it is probably easier to use matlab as interface, or design it with a CAD tool

Good luck
Ivar
Hi well either you could try a periodic boundar condition, or I would first try to make 1-2 elements with COMSOL, then save the file, open the "history" file and analyse the geometry section to complete that with a for loop, but it is probably easier to use matlab as interface, or design it with a CAD tool Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年12月1日 GMT-5 16:55
yeah, thanks Ivar, I thinks matlab would works better.
yeah, thanks Ivar, I thinks matlab would works better.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.