Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling of Rotating Porous media

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Respected Members,

I am trying to model the flow in a Rotary heat Exchanger in 3D and for that I am assuming flow through a Porous media.

I tried rotating the porous media domain via the independant interface provided in Comsol 5.3a. I have applied the "Flow Continuity" only on the Face boundaries of the porous domain (as indicated in the attached model). Also, I have used Wall Condition: Leaking wall under Flow contnuity to make sure flow passes through. But, I am not sure if this correct.

Also, since my simulation is time dependant, I tried running the model for 2.5 secs (Random choice), But I get below error - "Nonlinear solver did not converge. Maximum number of segregated iterations reached. Time : 1.9600581668633166 Last time step is not converged."

Kindly, help me in understanding to where I am going wrong and what I can do correct my model.

Attached is the model.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年6月25日 GMT-4 08:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anupam Chakraborty

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.