Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with evaluation of Nusselt Number

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i'm very new to Comsol e for a College project i'm trying to model a simple case of heat transfer. The model is a circular pipe in which flows water. I set a fully developed laminar flow and i'm studying the thermal properties of the fluid under the boundary condition of constant surface temperature at the wall. I have two problems: 1- i make a linear projection to evaluate the mean bulk temperature Tm(z) but i don't understand why if i plot the formula selecting the axis the curve is correct while if i plot selecting the wall the curve is a sort of mirroring 2- the nusselt number calculated with Tm(z) is not constant but keeps on dropping even after the thermal fully developed region is reached thanks for the help Alessandro

0 Replies Last Post 2018年7月6日 GMT-4 13:36
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alessandro Orlandini

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.