Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RMS voltage in time-dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

In my simulations I have two voltages with different frequencies applied to two separate electrodes. I am using an Electric Currents (ECs) module and Time Dependent study for this. I also want to add a PDE which will be coupled with ECs. The problem is that in the PDE I need to enter RMS voltage and I don't know how to do this in a time dependent study. Earlier I simulated the same problem, but as I had only one frequency applied to both electrodes, I used Frequency domain study and in my PDE I entered V/sqrt(2) to get RMS values of voltage calculated in Electric Currents. I have a nonlinear system, so I can't add solutions for two different frequencies.

Can you help me with this, please? Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 2018年7月9日 GMT-4 13:31
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Oleksandr Sova

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.