Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can comsol draw a geometry consist of hundreds different rectangulars?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

My geometry consist of over hundreds rectangular, each has theri own width and with same height. the questions is whether i can input all the width data in my model and let comsol draw this geometry automaticly or need i do it in matlab?

2 Replies Last Post 2009年11月25日 GMT-5 10:41

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月25日 GMT-5 10:14
My bet is that Matlab is going to be your best bet. Just define an iterative loop and create each rectangle individually.

On the bright side, if you don't want to do your entire simulation, you can always write an m-file that just creates the geometry. Then you can import it into Comsol and use their interface to do everything else.

Good luck,

Mike
My bet is that Matlab is going to be your best bet. Just define an iterative loop and create each rectangle individually. On the bright side, if you don't want to do your entire simulation, you can always write an m-file that just creates the geometry. Then you can import it into Comsol and use their interface to do everything else. Good luck, Mike

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月25日 GMT-5 10:41
hi, Mike, thanks for your reply, I am also thinking let matlab maybe work better, but for my each rectangular, i have the different boundary conditons values. they are from my experiment results. that make my confused can i connect comsol with mablab about this?
hi, Mike, thanks for your reply, I am also thinking let matlab maybe work better, but for my each rectangular, i have the different boundary conditons values. they are from my experiment results. that make my confused can i connect comsol with mablab about this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.