Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use cylindrical coordinates while defining formulas

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I wanted to know how can we define the cylindrical co-ordinates while using formulas for co-efficient form PDE physics. for example i had to use this equations which is having cylindrical co-ordinates (r & z) : "((10^12)exp((-((r-0)^2)/2So^2)-(-((z-0)^2)/2*So^2)))". (I have highlighted r & z here).

Is that the right way of using r & z co-ordinated ?

Many thanks in advance !!

Regards Hari

1 Reply Last Post 2018年8月6日 GMT-4 07:13
Yara Soares COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年8月6日 GMT-4 07:13

Dear Hari,

I noticed that you have a technical question and I wanted to let you know that there is a possibility to ask your question to my colleagues at COMSOL Support via support@comsol.com if your question remains unanswered here.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Yara Soares

COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212

www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com

Stay in touch with COMSOL in Social Media:

Share your work by presenting at the 2018 COMSOL Conference! Check out our upcoming free live webinars!

Dear Hari, I noticed that you have a technical question and I wanted to let you know that there is a possibility to ask your question to my colleagues at COMSOL Support via support@comsol.com if your question remains unanswered here. Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards, Yara Soares -------------------------------------------------------------------------- COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com ---------------------------------------------- Stay in touch with COMSOL in Social Media: ----------- Share your work by presenting at the 2018 COMSOL Conference! Check out our upcoming free live webinars!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.