Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Finding/plotting the location of the maximum along one direction as the funciton of the other

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I am aware of the usage of the minimum coupling operators. But I have found a situation I can't get out of.

Let's assume we have a rectangular domain (x€[-1;1] and y€[0;1]) in which a variable u(x,y) is calculated.

For any x, u(0) = +K and u(1) = -K. Therefore, for any x, there is a coordinate y at which u(x,y)=0.

I want to find a way within COMSOL to know or plot the function Y(x) so that u(x,Y(x))=0.

I can't seem to find a solution using minop(u,y).

Thank you for your help.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年8月20日 GMT-4 12:31
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bilel Meziane

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.