Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Absorping Plasmonic Waveguide Reflection and Transmission Coefficients

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am trying to calculate the reflection and transmission coefficients of a plasmonic waveguide and I have read the COMSOL examples using S parameters and ewfd.nPoav. But I am not geting the right answer. Im wordering since the waveguide is absorbing is it possible to use the S parameters. I am also not sure where to integral the ewfd.nPoav. In literature, Overlap Integral method is mentioned but I can't figure it out. I looked and Lumerical uses power monitors for this so I added two lines before and after the facet to calculate the power but no luck yet. Is ther a way to separate tho forward and backward fields or their powers? becouse some times i get S21^2 of bigger than one. I have used ports and SBC. Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2018年8月21日 GMT-4 04:55
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Majid Ferdosian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.