Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"fake" interface problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all,
I have noticed that if I have "fake" interface (interface between two optically same domains) in scattering harmonic propagation RF module with continuity (default) BC, I get different situation compared when there is no interface, just one domain.
What is the catch?
Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2009年7月16日 GMT-4 17:40

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年7月16日 GMT-4 17:40
Does the mesh change at all between the 2 situations? I have found that a slight change in the mesh geometry will cause noticeable differences between two models, even if physically speaking the two models are identical. Now this is not always the case, only if your results are very sensitive to changes in the mesh or if you are trying to be extremely precise with your results.
Does the mesh change at all between the 2 situations? I have found that a slight change in the mesh geometry will cause noticeable differences between two models, even if physically speaking the two models are identical. Now this is not always the case, only if your results are very sensitive to changes in the mesh or if you are trying to be extremely precise with your results.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.