Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Leaning Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, i just started to learn how to use Comsol and I have a question. I started with a simple simulation: Two steel plates on the top and bottom, some flexible material in between. The top plate moves down and deforms the flexible material in middle, the bottom one is fixed.

Problem: While the flexible material stays in fixed contact with the top plate, it is pushed over the edge of the bottom plate. I would like to fix the flexible material also to the down plate. Or to say in a different way, the defomation should be symmetric.

In the attached picture one can see what i mean: while the top interface is fixed, the bottom one changes.

How can I fix that? I used this tutorial as starting point: https://www.comsol.de/video/modeling-hyperelastic-materials-using-comsol-multiphysics

Thanks for your help, Markus

Edit: Under Solid Mechanics, in the Free node, the selection is active - it is "overridden" by the contact. Can this be the problem?

2 Replies Last Post 2018年9月11日 GMT-4 11:39
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年9月9日 GMT-4 10:29

Markus,

that's it probably. Just try to disable the contact node und change the finalization step in the geometry from assembly to union.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Markus, that's it probably. Just try to disable the contact node und change the finalization step in the geometry from assembly to union. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年9月11日 GMT-4 11:39

Thanks, that worked :) (my email/acc was changed)

Thanks, that worked :) (my email/acc was changed)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.