Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reduce flow rate when specified max pressure reached at inlet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I would like to have reductions of flow rate whenever specified max pressure reached over time. At inlet boundary, the flow rate starts with 0.25 [gal/min]. Afterwards, the inlet pressure builds up over time. Whenever a specified inlet max pressure is reached (say 340 [Pa]), the inlet flow rate must be reduced (slightly below 0.25[gal/min], say 0.24 [gal/min]). Again, if the inlet pressure reaches the specified inlet max pressure (340 [Pa]), the flow rate must be reduced once again (slightly below 0.24[gal/min], say 0.23[gal/min]). Therefore, the operation continuously goes again and again like this reduction of flow rate.

I thought COMSOL will handle my simple expression, but unfortunately not. I wrote at fully developed flow rate inlet boundary condition as; if(maxop1(p)<=340[Pa], q_in, q_in==q_in-0.01)

where; q_in is 0.25[gal/min]. maxop1(p) is the maximum pressure reading at the inlet boundary.

I hope my problem is clear. Any further inquiry, I will respond. I appreciate your time reading and responding my message, thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年10月23日 GMT-4 16:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rami Albattat

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.