Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Capillary Filling — Phase Field Method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a question regarding the Capillary Filling – Phase Field Method (https://www.comsol.com/model/capillary-filling-8212-phase-field-method-1878).

I noticed that when I plot the variable psi (chemical potential) the result is different when I plot the equal quantity of psi which is ” -pf.epsilon_pf^2(phipfrr + phipfzz + 1/rphipfr) + phipf*(phipf^2 – 1)”. Why does that happen?

Of course the correct chemical potential is equal_of_psi.jpg.

How does Cosmol take weak form of the capillary force in navier stokes equation (F_{st}=constant*)? Does integration by parts applied to the ?

Thanks for your time, Kostis

0 Replies Last Post 2018年10月23日 GMT-4 17:02
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kostis Lazaridis

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.