Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using DerivedValues - Surface Integration as objective function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I have created a model, which solves a structural problem. Geometry in this problem depends on parameter b. I'm calculating maximum von Mises stress in a region using Derived Values->Surface Maximum. This part works fine.

Next I want to set up optimization problem and find value of parameter b minimizing maximum mises stress. I added optimization node, but don't know how to set Maximum Mises Stress as Objective Function. I can't find it in the list "Replace Expression" and don't know which name i can use for this if any exist.

Could anyone please help me with this? How can I set Maximum mises stress as objective function?

Thank you!

4 Replies Last Post 2018年12月7日 GMT+8 23:42
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月7日 GMT+8 02:51

Hi Sergey,

the derived values are only available for post processing. But you can find the maximum during solving by using a coupling operator. You can find that under 'Component -> Definitions -> Component Couplings'.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Sergey, the derived values are only available for post processing. But you can find the maximum during solving by using a coupling operator. You can find that under 'Component -> Definitions -> Component Couplings'. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月7日 GMT+8 07:37

Hi Edgar! Unfortunately I can't see "Component Couplings" under Component>Definitions. There are only "Material Functions" and "Variables" there.

Is any way I can turn on the Components Coupling?

Thanks!

Hi Edgar! Unfortunately I can't see "Component Couplings" under Component>Definitions. There are only "Material Functions" and "Variables" there. Is any way I can turn on the Components Coupling? Thanks!

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月7日 GMT+8 15:27

You have to right-click on the 'Definitions'. I am not sure what exactly the naming in 5.2a was, but don't think it was different.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You have to right-click on the 'Definitions'. I am not sure what exactly the naming in 5.2a was, but don't think it was different.

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月7日 GMT+8 23:42

Edgar, I found it, it seems to work now. Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards, Sergey

Edgar, I found it, it seems to work now. Thank you so much for your help! Best regards, Sergey

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.