Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stationary and Time dependent study at the same time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear colleagues struggling with similar problem.

I've simulated rotating permanent magnet(Time Dependent) inside a coil with flowing current of 1A(stationary) and trying to retrieve the data of magnetic torque and force that is applied to permanent magnet in time variant.

I added 2 different physics, 'Magnetic Fields, No current(mfnc)' and 'Magnetic Fields(mf)' for permanent magnet and multi-turn coil respectively.

A 'moving mesh' and 'Deformed Geometry' study is also added to make permanent magnet's rotation.

A single mesh is built for all geometry including permanent manget and coil.

HERE IS THE ISSUE. I arranged 'stationary study' and 'time dependent study' in a row and applied the 'combine solution' but ended up with initial value error.

I need a comment in a big perspective, how to make this simualtion framework. If this simulation that I am trying to do understandable, could you please give me a help?

(Attached picture is schema of my simulation)

Jason

3 Replies Last Post 2018年12月21日 GMT-5 04:49

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月20日 GMT-5 14:51

You need to disable deformed geometry and moving mesh nodes into stationary solver step as this need time dependent solver or frozen rotor solver. Or you write your analytical expression directly in property value as suction of temeprature ans shear rate T*spf.sr^-.5

You need to disable deformed geometry and moving mesh nodes into stationary solver step as this need time dependent solver or frozen rotor solver. Or you write your analytical expression directly in property value as suction of temeprature ans shear rate T*spf.sr^-.5

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月20日 GMT-5 20:27

Thank you for your answer.

From my understanding of your comment, I outta temporailty disable deformed and moving mesh physics to proceed stationary study in advance. And I can enable deformed mesh and moving mesh for another time-dependent study. Am I correct? (Please check up the picture I attched below.)

In that case, could the data from multi-turn coil and permanent magnet be remained and interact? I thought I have to make all the study to be done at once.

Secondly, where can I write analytical expression directly? I mean, the analytical expression that I wrote so far is for the rotation of permanent magnet(time-dependent) and that's all. You mean there needed an expression in stationary study? Actually I have no idea why you give me an example of temperature.

Thank you.

Thank you for your answer. From my understanding of your comment, I outta temporailty disable deformed and moving mesh physics to proceed stationary study in advance. And I can enable deformed mesh and moving mesh for another time-dependent study. Am I correct? (Please check up the picture I attched below.) In that case, could the data from multi-turn coil and permanent magnet be remained and interact? I thought I have to make all the study to be done at once. Secondly, where can I write analytical expression directly? I mean, the analytical expression that I wrote so far is for the rotation of permanent magnet(time-dependent) and that's all. You mean there needed an expression in stationary study? Actually I have no idea why you give me an example of temperature. Thank you.

Posted: 5 years ago 2018年12月21日 GMT-5 04:49

Dear. Sohan Birla

Thanks to your comment, I could proceed the simulation without any error. What I did referring to your comment is making 2 study set(stationaey, time-dependent) and independently simulated permanent magnet(mfnc) and multi-turn coil(mf).

However, the problem was that each study result shows each result, not being interacted. So, I activated only time-dependent study for both permanent magnet and multi-turn coil, however, I ended up facing error like below.

• "Failed to find consistent initial values. Internal error in solve stage of Auxiliary-space Maxwell Solver. HYPRE error description: Generic error. Last time step is not converged."*

Can I ask further idea of you?

Best, Jason

Dear. Sohan Birla Thanks to your comment, I could proceed the simulation without any error. What I did referring to your comment is making 2 study set(stationaey, time-dependent) and independently simulated permanent magnet(mfnc) and multi-turn coil(mf). However, the problem was that each study result shows each result, not being interacted. So, I activated only time-dependent study for both permanent magnet and multi-turn coil, however, I ended up facing error like below. * "Failed to find consistent initial values. Internal error in solve stage of Auxiliary-space Maxwell Solver. HYPRE error description: Generic error. Last time step is not converged."* Can I ask further idea of you? Best, Jason

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.