Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Slice plot single slice animation not working properly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, all.

I'm using my school's license for COMSOL 5.2 to try to model a gas valve injecting gas into a vacuum chamber. I'm doing a simple model based on two cylinders, one on top of the other. The top cylinder is a thin capillary that gas will flow through. The bottom cylinder is the vacuum chamber.

I don't have a proper cfd module, so I'm trying to get around the problem using the "Transport of Diluted Species" module. I've set the initial concentration to zero for the two cylinders. The top of the top cylinder is set to some concentration, and the bottom of the bottom cylinder is set to 0. I get it to run just fine, but I am having problems getting at the data.

For the time-dependent study, I'm able to see the default 5-slice slice plot of gas concentration, and this works fine. I can watch the gas go from the "reservoir" to the vacuum chamber by using the animation tool. I see the general shape of the cloud across the different slices, but I want to view only central slice. However, if I set the number of slices to 1, the gas will never leave the top cylinder.

I've also gone through this same exercise going down the 2D modelling route. In that case, I got the same results as when I went for a single slice on the 3D modelling route.

0 Replies Last Post 2019年1月2日 GMT-5 14:55
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Levon McQuown

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.