Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Symmetry in electric currents physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to apply symmetry in electric currents physics in COMSOL 5.3a but I can not find a boundary condition for it. In another forum someone has said that electric insulation works as symmetry in this physic but the results do not prove it. Can any one help me how to do it, please? Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2019年4月18日 GMT-4 11:16
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jino Fathy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年4月18日 GMT-4 11:00

Hi Jino,

Did you have any luck figuring out how to apply symmetry to electric currents? I'm running into the same issue as you (tried electric insulation, but results do not prove that it is symmetric).

-Stephen

Hi Jino, Did you have any luck figuring out how to apply symmetry to electric currents? I'm running into the same issue as you (tried electric insulation, but results do not prove that it is symmetric). -Stephen

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年4月18日 GMT-4 11:16
Updated: 5 years ago 2019年4月18日 GMT-4 11:25

Hi Stephen,

After some searching and trying varoius BCs, I figured out that Periodic Condition (Type of Periodicity: Continuity) works as symmetry. I found this in some COMSOL examples, as well. It worked fine for me when I tried it in different models. Please let me know for your case. Just remember because you need to define source and destination in your model (for this BC), it is necessary to modify the meshing.

Best, Jino

Hi Stephen, After some searching and trying varoius BCs, I figured out that Periodic Condition (Type of Periodicity: Continuity) works as symmetry. I found this in some COMSOL examples, as well. It worked fine for me when I tried it in different models. Please let me know for your case. Just remember because you need to define source and destination in your model (for this BC), it is necessary to modify the meshing. Best, Jino

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.