Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dynamic Optimization

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have a problem with a dynamic optimization and I have no idea how to solve it, so I am asking for a help. The problem is this one:

I have a Lithium-ion battery elettrochemical model built on COMSOL, the physic of the battery is described by a set of coupled PDE that contain some parameters varing with time, to find them is my aim.

What I can do with my model at the moment is to give a current time history as input to the battery and obtain a voltage time history as output (discharge curve in time), keeping fixed the parameters values.

From experiments I got the same kind of curve of the a real battery giving current as input and obtaining the corresponding voltage (output) time history.

If I plot the experimental and the simulated curve they do not match because the parameters that I kept fixed for the simulation in reality vary with the discharge (or better depending on the state of charge) of the battery, and so in my case they vary with time.

What I want to do is to find step by step the value of the parameter that can minimize the error between the experimental data and the simulated data.

I have already looked in other discussions but what I found was not enough for me, Can someone give me some ideas or a path to follow to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!

Andrea

2 Replies Last Post 2019年4月11日 GMT-4 05:54

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年1月31日 GMT-5 21:59

What I mean with step by step is that I want to find at each time istant the best value of the parameter that fits the two curves. I the end my aim is to reconstruct the time history of the parameters.

What I mean with step by step is that I want to find at each time istant the best value of the parameter that fits the two curves. I the end my aim is to reconstruct the time history of the parameters.

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年4月11日 GMT-4 05:54

Hi Andrea, Have you solved the problem?

Hi Andrea, Have you solved the problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.