Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

help on exporting postprocessed boundary data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Is there is way to merge identical boundaries in COMSOL? By 'identical boundaries', I mean is the subdomain boundaries which share the same settings. I know there is an option 'select by group' in boundary selection. But that is not quite useful when one wants to export postprocessed boundary data outside COMSOL. The way COMSOL creates boundary for a given geometry is intuitively makes sense. But it is not very clear to me how COMSOL does it for a given geometry. Whether or not the user has the freedom to merge/treat a group of identical boundaries into/as one. That would makes things a lot easier for the data exported outside the COMSOL. Just an illustration: My COMSOL geometry has 12 boundaries divided into four 'groups' in terms of boundary selections from the Physics->Boundary settings... I have to export the postprocessed data for identical boundary settings (groups). COMSOL, by default exports the postprocessed data into text file for all individual boundaries regardless of any identical boundary group. Now from the little that I know about COMSOL, extracting the relevant data for a 'group of boundaries' is a messy task because there is no clear demarcation of data in the file. The chunk of [Coordinate, data] for all boundaries is written continuously in the text file. Possibly, I may have glossed over the details or existing solution to this problem within the COMSOL. I would be delighted to hear from users who have encountered similar problems in some form or other.

-Merry Christmas & Happy New-year to all

Sandra

1 Reply Last Post 2009年12月28日 GMT-5 05:17
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年12月28日 GMT-5 05:17
Hi

There have been a few discussion earlier on how to sort and extract data for groups, particularly with Matlab, that is by far the easiest and safest from my point of view.

Try the "search" on the forum with keywordds auch as "group" or "bounday data"

In any case this is one of th strong enhancements in "to come hopefully soon" V4 ;)

Have a nice day

Hi There have been a few discussion earlier on how to sort and extract data for groups, particularly with Matlab, that is by far the easiest and safest from my point of view. Try the "search" on the forum with keywordds auch as "group" or "bounday data" In any case this is one of th strong enhancements in "to come hopefully soon" V4 ;) Have a nice day

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.