Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation does not converge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am simulating a basic model in electromagnetic frequrency domain physics. The material which i am using has three values electrical conductivity, relative permmitivity, relative permeability, and density. when i put the value 40 in the electric condictivity option, the simulations converges. However, when i put 1 in the electric conducitvity option, the simulation doesn't converge.

Can anyone tell why is it happening?

Thankyou so much.

1 Reply Last Post 2019年5月20日 GMT-4 16:43
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年5月20日 GMT-4 16:43
Updated: 5 years ago 2019年5月20日 GMT-4 16:44

It probably depends on your various settings, geometry, and mesh. Check your mesh quality.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
It probably depends on your various settings, geometry, and mesh. Check your mesh quality.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.