Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Acoustic Piezoelectric Tutorial Help

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to study the effects of piezoelectric transducers on a fluid volume similar to traditional ultrasonic cleaning machines. I followed the piezoelectric COMSOL tutorial found here: https://www.comsol.com/video/piezoelectricsimulations-comsol-multiphysics . However, i was having trouble meshing the boundary layer between the fluid domain and the PML layer.

I instead attempted to study the effect on a domain that more closely resembles my project and chose not to use a PML layer- this time i got the model to mesh and run a frequency domain study, however i am not getting any values. Can anybody please help? Also, i am using a transducer with two layers of piezo electric material and i may have assigned the ground and terminal boundaries incorrectly.

If i get this study to return valid results, id like to run another one with multiple transducers and optimize pressure gradients within the control volume.

This is my first time using COMSOL as my university doesnt teach it and i need it for my senior design project- I'd greatly appreciate any help i can get. Thanks for reading my post.

0 Replies Last Post 2019年11月12日 GMT-5 21:03
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Henry Marchlewski

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.