Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol solver friezes and doesn't use RAM

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am running Comsol 5.5, on win 7, 64 bit, with 32 GB of RAM, Solving a simple thermal stress problem. It was fine around 2 months ago, but now when I run that very same model, the answers aren't correct, and I found out 3 things: 1) when I plot for example temperature, it has a correct outcome for the few first steps, and then the plot doesn't change anymore ( so I guess the solver didn't solve the problem for the other steps) 2) before this very model was using 20-30 GB of RAM, and now it only uses 2-3 GB. 3) I have around 4500 time steps when I reduce the time steps, the number of steps with correct answer increases.

I can't stress this enough, 2 months ago it was working fine... I even uninstalled and then installed the Comsol again, and it didn't work.

1 Reply Last Post 2020年1月13日 GMT-5 06:06
Lars Dammann COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年1月13日 GMT-5 06:06

Hi Amir,

please send the affected model file to support@comsol.com and we will have a look and try to figure out what is causing the problems.

Best wishes, Lars Drögemüller

Hi Amir, please send the affected model file to support@comsol.com and we will have a look and try to figure out what is causing the problems. Best wishes, Lars Drögemüller

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.