Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to restrain only the electrical displacement in the y direction in a piezoelectric module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

dear! I am doing a subject of piezoelectric beams subjected to lateral forces,and i want to constrain electrical displacement only in y direction,but in comsol i find i need to constrain both x and y direction,like the graphic in annex,can you tell me how to solve it?

3 Replies Last Post 2020年1月20日 GMT-5 02:09
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年1月17日 GMT-5 10:47
Updated: 4 years ago 2020年1月17日 GMT-5 10:49

Do you mean mechanical displacement?

Do you mean *mechanical* displacement?

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年1月20日 GMT-5 01:26

Do you mean mechanical displacement?

no,i mean 'electric displacement' in the piezoelectric module,and it's symbol is expressed as Dx

>Do you mean *mechanical* displacement? no,i mean 'electric displacement' in the piezoelectric module,and it's symbol is expressed as Dx

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年1月20日 GMT-5 02:09

Hi,

This boundary condition is not a 'constraint'. Mathematically, it is a Neumann condition ('flux condition'). Thus, the value zero is the same as not prescribing it at all.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, This boundary condition is not a 'constraint'. Mathematically, it is a Neumann condition ('flux condition'). Thus, the value zero is the same as not prescribing it at all. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.