Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Results as Material Parameters - Convergence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with a 2D axisymmetric model, although this same question applies to any model in COMSOL. Basically, I'm calculating gas evolution from a current distribution, and using these values to modify the conductivity of the electrolyte along the z-axis. The conductivity changing will of course modify the current distribution, so the problem becomes cyclical and requires convergence.

This function of conductivity is calculated via a function defined along a particular boundary, producing a 1D plot of Conductivity as a function of z. Currently, I can iterate manaully by exporting this 1D plot, importing it back in as an interpolation function, and setting my electrolyte conductivity as this interpolation function.

While manual iteration does eventually converge, this is tedious and it seems like there should be some way to do this automatically in COMSOL.

I have already asked COMSOL support about this but they gave me a very vague answer about using general projections. I've used general projections before for integrating results over complex curved surfaces, but never in a way that could resolve this issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Replies Last Post 2020年3月9日 GMT-4 04:28
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Romain Louon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.