Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add mass to end of cantilever beam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to get the natural frequency of a cantilever beam with one end fixed and the other end with a mass. I tried both adding a mass at the end of the beam, and applying a point load. Both approaches give me lower eigenfrequencies (1-2 order of magnitude away from the numerical result). I saw on the forum from previous years that adding point load or boundary load does not affect eigen frequencies, any suggestions on how to continue? Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 2020年4月24日 GMT-4 14:58
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Angelina P

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.