Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nonlinear Piezoelectric devices implementation!

Andres Felipe Jaramillo Alvarado

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i have a serious question about how to implement the nonlinear piezoelectric effect.

i have to implement the nonlinear piezoelectric effect until 3rd order as you can see in the attached image file. That is a tensorial model.

My question is the following:

¿What is the easiest path to solve this problem? 1) Physics Builder (from Comsol). 2) Modifying equations through Matlab LiveLink?

I dont know how to solve this, since the modification through matlab should not include all the consequences of the equations in the e.g. boundary conditions etc. Meanwhile, the physics builder is the most powerfull tool but!!! documentation and examples are rare, i can not find examples in whole web, and finally i founded two in the installation foder of comsol, ONLY TWO!.

PD: The equations are nonlinear (i must say) and i dont beleve that its implementation can be made through the traditional "Based Equation Modeling".

If you have any example of the physics builder i will be very greatful with you!!!

2 Replies Last Post 2020年5月16日 GMT-4 20:12
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年5月12日 GMT-4 11:12

Most of the places where you can enter numbers in Comsol are interpreted, that is, you can also enter functions of variables.

So in the epsilon matrix, for example, you can enter for epsilonr11 "500+1[m/V]*es.Ex", etc.

I would try this first before doing anything more elaborate.

Most of the places where you can enter numbers in Comsol are interpreted, that is, you can also enter functions of variables. So in the epsilon matrix, for example, you can enter for epsilonr11 "500+1[m/V]*es.Ex", etc. I would try this first before doing anything more elaborate.

Andres Felipe Jaramillo Alvarado

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年5月16日 GMT-4 20:12

Thank you!! i try that, but some modifications in the constitutive equations its needed.

Thank you!

Thank you!! i try that, but some modifications in the constitutive equations its needed. Thank you!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.