Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Periodic boundary conditions and meshing controls.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Old unsanswered topic:

Are mesh control boundaries compatible with faces that are part of a periodic condition?

I have a mesh I'd like to optimize with the mesh control operations but so far I've noticed that if the mesh control operation has a face that lies on a periodic boundary the results become invalid - even though everything appears the same (geometry, periodic condition boundaries, mesh, etc.).

If I had to guess I'd say the periodic condition isn't being implemented in the mesh control face even when it resides entirely on a face that is in the periodic condition (you can't even see the mesh control face when selecting periodic boundaries).

Has anyone had success with using the mesh control operations with periodic boundaries?

-Frank

May 20, 2020: After having played with this more, I think this is an area that COMSOL needs more work on. When I have a larger simulation and I let COMSOL auto generate the mesh, it cannot copy one face to the opposite face to generate a periodic boundary condition. When modify it and not let COMSOL copy the mesh from one face to the opposite one, it creates erroneous results. Tom

0 Replies Last Post 2020年5月21日 GMT-4 13:17
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thomas Jung

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.