Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid Structure Interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Im trying to model a fluid entering the eye. This is modelled as a fluid being injected between 2 layers. There is an inlet but there is not supposed to be an outlet as the fluid should enter in and disperse between the layers. My model fails to reach consistent values, however. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

4 Replies Last Post 2020年6月15日 GMT+8 01:24

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月13日 GMT+8 23:52

Hello Mugdha, You were missing a pressure point constant which I have added. Also, your values on the inlet should be either mass controlled or velocity controlled. Use really small values as I have done as the volume inside the computation exceeds the pressure limit resulting in chocking the system. The time settings were also too large; try reducung them a little. Good Luck

Hello Mugdha, You were missing a pressure point constant which I have added. Also, your values on the inlet should be either mass controlled or velocity controlled. Use really small values as I have done as the volume inside the computation exceeds the pressure limit resulting in chocking the system. The time settings were also too large; try reducung them a little. Good Luck

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月14日 GMT+8 00:13

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. I will try implementing these solutions.

>Hello Mugdha, >You were missing a pressure point constant which I have added. >Also, your values on the inlet should be either mass controlled or velocity controlled. >Use really small values as I have done as the volume inside the computation exceeds the pressure limit resulting in chocking the system. >The time settings were also too large; try reducung them a little. >Good Luck Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. I will try implementing these solutions.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月14日 GMT+8 00:32

Here you go.

Here you go.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年6月15日 GMT+8 01:24

With your model I am getting this error: Recoverable error in residual, but solver could not recover. Time: 0.0064000000000000003 s. Last time step is not converged.

Were you able to get a solution?

I will update if I find a solution. Thank you

With your model I am getting this error: Recoverable error in residual, but solver could not recover. Time: 0.0064000000000000003 s. Last time step is not converged. Were you able to get a solution? I will update if I find a solution. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.