Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to implement Robin boundary condition ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to define a Robin boundary condition like "alpha(T1-T)=kdT/dx" for a heat transfer problem (time dependent). My first try was defining convective heat flux q0=h(Text-T), here the equation says -n.q=q0, so I assume if I define convective heat flux, I'll get the boundary condition as what I need. But the result shows that at this boundary, the line graph for q0 and k*dT/dx are too much different.

I guess this is not the right way. Any other idea? Thanks a lot!

Jing

0 Replies Last Post 2020年7月10日 GMT+8 04:57
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jing Yuan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.