Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time dependent vibration analysis problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was trying to simulate a impact hammer strike a aluminum plate and find the resonance frequency of the plate based on the vibration response from the plate. Right now, i just have a time dependent model, from 0 to 1 second, applying a boundary load (31N) and i have two questions : 1) How do i set the load to make it strike it at time = 0 seconds and do free vibrations? 2) what damping factor loss should i use? or what raleigh damping should i use?

0 Replies Last Post 2020年7月17日 GMT-4 21:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shaohan Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.