Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to apply continuity pair and electrical insulation on different portions of an identity pair

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The pictures attached shows the geometry i am working with, I have a domain sliding on top of another domain, and i am trying to apply continuity on the touching parts of the two domains while maintaining insulation on the remaining part of the lower geometry.

Any Suggestions are welcomed

2 Replies Last Post 2020年11月4日 GMT-5 23:21

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年11月3日 GMT-5 14:06

I am well aware of the feedback node that is supposed to do exactly what i am asking for. however, Comparing the results of the current density over the domains when using create assembly and create union is different. Which makes me ask this question... If anyone has an explanation on why this is happening please inform me.

I am well aware of the feedback node that is supposed to do exactly what i am asking for. however, Comparing the results of the current density over the domains when using create assembly and create union is different. Which makes me ask this question... If anyone has an explanation on why this is happening please inform me.

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年11月4日 GMT-5 23:21

There is absolutly no problem, I just didnt match the meshes around the identity pair, which results in the bad results.

There is absolutly no problem, I just didnt match the meshes around the identity pair, which results in the bad results.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.