Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic & Mechanical force coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm running a Magnetic Fields (mf) and Solid Mechanics (solid) simulation, on an iron ring with a coil winding around it in order to see the deformation field and stresses due to the magnetic forces acting on the solid body. Although the magnetic field solution looks ok, the deformation field is absolutely 0. I checked with probes and the maxwell stress on the body isn't 0. I also activated the Lorentz Coupling from the Multiphysics tab although the lorentz forces should be zero but still no deformation field. Do you have any advice how to couple the maxwell stress field and the mechanical stress field?

Thanks in advance! Yonatan Petcho

0 Replies Last Post 2021年1月20日 GMT-5 07:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nano Engineering

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.