Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh Error: "Internal error boundary respecting"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I use the MATLAB scripting features to run 3D COMSOL models in the acoustics application mode (with the acoustics module). I'm finding that when I try to mesh my geometry with the pre-defined free mesh in COMSOL (using the "meshinit" function), I get this error without any real correlation to what my models are. That is, with some models I get this error, and some I don't -- there is not a correlation with anything that I can observe.

I can almost always mesh properly if I set 'hauto' = 5.

However, this isn't a fine enough mesh for my problem, so I try to set variables 'hmaxfac' and 'hmaxsub' to values that I desire -- but this is where that error shows up.

Can anyone shed any light on this error message, and what do to do rectify the situation?

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2009年7月22日 GMT-4 16:57
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sumedh Joshi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.