Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing the layer in between two spherical objects

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone had encountered this problem and had any ideas. I come across a topology error when i try to mesh the layer in between two spheres (smaller sphere within the larger sphere). I do not know the correlation between the layer thickness and the presence of this error but i know that when this layer gets thinner and thinner i.e. the radii of the two spheres get closer and closer to the same value, this error is more apparent.

I was attempting to mesh a face of the outer sphere and try to sweep it inward to the identical face of the inner sphere, but again, a topology error.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.
Shyn

0 Replies Last Post 2009年7月22日 GMT-4 18:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shyn Huh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.