Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interpolation inconsistencies comsol!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear ALL,

I am performing thermo-elastic analyisis of a material. I have the following temperature change: time (h) T(deg C) 0 20+273.15 3 -5+273.15 12 -20+273.15 16 -20+273.15 24 20+273.15 I am entering it as an interpolation function. Unfortunately I have a stress jump at 3 h (see figure) where there a change in temprature (table). i dont know how to overcome this artefact that i think is related to temperature interpolation. when I zoom on the t=3h the linear interpolation line is not passing through this coordinate.

A cubic wise interpolation gives beteter results but the created tmeprature cycle is not very accurate.

Any suggestions for a better interpolation?

1 Reply Last Post 2021年3月10日 GMT-5 14:06
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年3月10日 GMT-5 14:06

Hello Sarab,

I suspect that it is just a sampling effect that causes your interpolation function to appear not to be going through the value you specified, see this thread for a discussion of that effect.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Sarab, I suspect that it is just a sampling effect that causes your interpolation function to appear not to be going through the value you specified, see [this thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/93111/problem-in-plot-in-comsol?last=2015-10-22T15:19:45Z) for a discussion of that effect. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.