Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sweeping over differnt geometry parts

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I build two different piezo electric stacks for my harvester, and I want to simulate both stationary and compare them against each other. Until now I disabled and reenabled them manually and reran the simulation.

I wanted to automate this, so I created an if else geometry like in the image below and added a parameter that controls it. It works perfectly except that I have to reselect all of the domains and surfaces for my physics because COMSOL seems to forget them and treats them as newly generated geometry each time.

Is there a simple solution for this or maybe another way that lets me automatically simulate both geometries?

1 Reply Last Post 2021年11月1日 GMT-4 09:14
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2021年11月1日 GMT-4 09:14
Updated: 2 years ago 2021年11月1日 GMT-4 13:11

Hello Philipp,

You could create a geometry that includes both stacks (next to each other), and set them up using separate (sets of) physics interfaces. In the solver settings you can then specify which (sets of) physics interface(s) to solve for.

As a side benefit, you'll be able to compare the two solutions side by side, etc.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Philipp, You could create a geometry that includes both stacks (next to each other), and set them up using separate (sets of) physics interfaces. In the solver settings you can then specify which (sets of) physics interface(s) to solve for. As a side benefit, you'll be able to compare the two solutions side by side, etc. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.