Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Different meshes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone! I am building an acoustic model with a plate and an acoustical environment (sphere) around.. I would consider a mapped mesh on the plate and a tetrahedral mesh for the sphere. It is possible?

5 Replies Last Post 2022年1月25日 GMT-5 10:35
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年1月24日 GMT-5 11:24

Hi Giada,

Yes, you can use a swept, structured mesh for the plate and mesh the remaining geometry (the surrounding sphere) using a tetrahedral mesh.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Giada, Yes, you can use a swept, structured mesh for the plate and mesh the remaining geometry (the surrounding sphere) using a tetrahedral mesh. Best regards, Magnus

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年1月25日 GMT-5 09:13

Hello Magnus, how is it possible? When I set a mapped mesh for the plate and after a the tetrahedral mesh for the sphere the second is overwritten to the first..

Hello Magnus, how is it possible? When I set a mapped mesh for the plate and after a the tetrahedral mesh for the sphere the second is overwritten to the first..

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年1月25日 GMT-5 10:20

Hello Giada,

First create a mapped mesh on the plate and then a terahedral mesh on the remaining geometry (that is, the sphere surrounding the plate). Don't continue by meshing the entire geometry using tetrahedra.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hello Giada, First create a mapped mesh on the plate and then a terahedral mesh on the remaining geometry (that is, the sphere surrounding the plate). Don't continue by meshing the entire geometry using tetrahedra. Best regards, Magnus

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年1月25日 GMT-5 10:29

Thank you Magnus, I will try again. Thank you very much. To cut the geometry and visualize both meshes you have used a workplane right? Thank you in advance! Ps. Sorry but I have been working with Comsol for only 1 month and I am learning. Best regards, Giada

Thank you Magnus, I will try again. Thank you very much. To cut the geometry and visualize both meshes you have used a workplane right? Thank you in advance! Ps. Sorry but I have been working with Comsol for only 1 month and I am learning. Best regards, Giada

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年1月25日 GMT-5 10:35

Hello Giada,

I see. There is so much functionality to explore!

I used a Clip Plane to interactively look "into" the 3D geometry. It is available in the most recent versions of COMSOL Multiphysics (5.6 and 6.0).

Best regards,

Magnus

Hello Giada, I see. There is so much functionality to explore! I used a Clip Plane to interactively look "into" the 3D geometry. It is available in the most recent versions of COMSOL Multiphysics (5.6 and 6.0). Best regards, Magnus

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.