Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Applying shear stress continuity boundary condition across liquid-liquid interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to simulate a 2D non-deformable static oil droplet in a flowing fluid, and I want to apply the continuity of shear stress at the interface, and no penetration of both phases as given in the equation 20 in the article : Electrokinetic motion of an electrically induced Janus droplet in microchannels

The equation for the boundary condition is :

The subscripts o and w refer to quantities in oil and water phases respectively. the system is axissymmetric with the droplet at the centre.

I think applying the given equation as a boundary stress and the no penetration BC as a weak constraint should work, but I am getting quite unphysical results with these.

Can anyone tell me how can I implement it correctly?

Thanks, Subham

0 Replies Last Post 2022年3月18日 GMT-4 13:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello subham das

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.