Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DXF file to COMSOL

Amalanathan Arputhasamy Joseph

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to import geometry from AutoCAD file (dxf) into COMSOL but it shows non-zero z coordinates ignored. Can anyone clarify this issue?

1 Reply Last Post 2022年7月18日 GMT-4 14:24
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年7月18日 GMT-4 14:24

Hello Amalanathan,

I would check whether you are importing a 2D or a 3D dxf file, and whether you are trying to import it into a 2D (such as a work plane) or a 3D environment. Note also that the core COMSOL Multiphysics can only import 2D dxf files; one of a number of add-ons is needed to import 3D dxf files. See the CAD Specification Chart. You can check what add-ons are on your license under File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Amalanathan, I would check whether you are importing a 2D or a 3D dxf file, and whether you are trying to import it into a 2D (such as a work plane) or a 3D environment. Note also that the core COMSOL Multiphysics can only import 2D dxf files; one of a number of add-ons is needed to import 3D dxf files. See the [CAD Specification Chart](https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/). You can check what add-ons are on your license under File > Licensed and Used Products. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.