Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Does COMSOL support POLY(N) now in SPICE models?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here] I'm about to download COMSOL 6.0... In the past I have been disappointed about COMSOL ability to use imported models of op-amps, etc, because the rest of the world uses POLY(N) commands in their SPICE models. Has COMSOL caught up?

But more interestingly, surely any kind of "POLY" must be translatable to a COMSOL function. If I have, say, an "F" with the POLY(2) in it, then must be some kind of hack... somehow???

Regards, John p.s. Slightly longer discussion is that LTSPICE is giving me some nasty instabilities for a particular circuit so I'm hoping that COMSOL will be more stable. Maybe I'm going to be disappointed on two fronts..... Or not! Let's see what 6.0 brings to the table...

1 Reply Last Post 2022年7月26日 GMT-4 09:26

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 2022年7月26日 GMT-4 09:26

I had forgotten that I responded to the original archived link posted above your question. I do think the answer is the same in that comsol does not recognize a poly statement. Anything you are doing in ltspice is well ahead of comsol spice abilities. There is an internet groups.io for ltspice so you could try there and post your file. Be advised that there are some cranky people over there and if you don't upload your file(s) for the wanted help that they will let you know :-)

I had forgotten that I responded to the original archived link posted above your question. I do think the answer is the same in that comsol does not recognize a poly statement. Anything you are doing in ltspice is well ahead of comsol spice abilities. There is an internet groups.io for ltspice so you could try there and post your file. Be advised that there are some cranky people over there and if you don't upload your file(s) for the wanted help that they will let you know :-)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.