Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Varying surface potential over line

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day,

i have started using COMSOL very recently. I am using electrostatics module and stationary study. My question is I am trying to vary volatge over a line between -3V to 300V. I have found enough tutorial to create functions and verying different variables with time, but I am not able to find on how to vary voltage over a line as it is not dependent on time, but between two end points of a line.

Thank you so much

1 Reply Last Post 2023年1月3日 GMT-5 18:16
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年1月3日 GMT-5 18:16

Hi,

you can use a potential BC with the potential being a function of a spatial coordinate, e.g. V0*x. This varies the potential from 0 at x=0 to V0 at x=1. Modify this according to your requirements.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, you can use a potential BC with the potential being a function of a spatial coordinate, e.g. V0*x. This varies the potential from 0 at x=0 to V0 at x=1. Modify this according to your requirements. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.