Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import model files from SolidWorks

Klaus M. Oestreich
I'm new to Comsol and need some one pointing me to the right help file.
As long time SolidWorks user The first thing I see is that Comsol modeling
tool is not very user friendly _ to make it not to bad_
Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2012年10月9日 GMT-0400下午2:58
Posted: 5 years ago 2012年10月9日 GMT-0400下午2:58
Hi

I do not often use the livelink, even if it works beautifully :) but I often import either directly the sldprt files, or I save in Parasolid and import that way, this is a very robust way, for the second case I believe you need the CAD I/F

The geometry generator tool in COMSOl is not that bad once you get used to it, but when coming from SW you are missing a lot of fonctionalities, but COMSOL is no mechanical drawing tool, that's NOT it's purpouse. I often finish my model in COMSOl, for air volumes etc

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not often use the livelink, even if it works beautifully :) but I often import either directly the sldprt files, or I save in Parasolid and import that way, this is a very robust way, for the second case I believe you need the CAD I/F The geometry generator tool in COMSOl is not that bad once you get used to it, but when coming from SW you are missing a lot of fonctionalities, but COMSOL is no mechanical drawing tool, that's NOT it's purpouse. I often finish my model in COMSOl, for air volumes etc -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.