Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat tranfer: boundary conditions for vertical U-Type heat exchanger

Mantas Valantinavicius

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I am trying to simulate vertical U-Type heat exchanger for geothermal system.

I my model I have 2 pipes witch are surrounded by grout, and the grout is surrounded by the ground. Temperature of the ground is 18[degC], booth pipes have the same velocity in different directions, the first pipe at the top has [9degC] intake and at the bottom has convective flux boundary condition. Second pipe at the top has convective flux boundary condition, but at the bottom it should be the same temperature as it is at the bottom of the first pipe.
I have no idea how to do the same temperature at the bottom of the second pipe as it is at the first pipes bottom.

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks, Mantas

1 Reply Last Post 2011年5月23日 GMT-4 07:54
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mantas Valantinavicius

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年5月23日 GMT-4 07:54
Hi......please tell me ...how have you done the system modeling?....
and do you plan to solve for 1 pipe (down flow)....and than extend your result to next pipes?
I have done some research in this field......and had problems with finding outlet temperature.......can you help me that?
Hi......please tell me ...how have you done the system modeling?.... and do you plan to solve for 1 pipe (down flow)....and than extend your result to next pipes? I have done some research in this field......and had problems with finding outlet temperature.......can you help me that?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.