Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling a gear pair

José de Jesús Cordero Guridi

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi my friends,

I´m recently new at comsol, so any help will be really useful. I´m trying to develop a simulation of the churning effect of oil inside a gearbox containing a pair of spur gears, at this moment I´ve using the following modules in order to get some result with one gear:

Modules
Rotating Machinery
Two phase flow, Laminar, Phase Field (because of oil and air enviroment)

Which method could be appropiate to put a gear pair and simulate their rotation? because using the method of creating pairs as it was explained on pump tutorials for rotating machinery is useful for a single gear but not for a gear pair I think, also I´ve been searching for a tutorial or a similar example but nothing...

Attached you´ll find a picture of the density contour of the single gear case and the gear pair case I´m trying to simulate.

Thank you any help or advice will be really nice !

Jesús

1 Reply Last Post 2016年7月1日 GMT-4 14:30
COMSOL Moderator

Hello José de Jesús Cordero Guridi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月1日 GMT-4 14:30
At version 5.2a, the Multibody Dynamics Module gained capabilities for modeling gears. See www.comsol.com/release/5.2a/multibody-dynamics-module .
Best regards,
Jeff
At version 5.2a, the Multibody Dynamics Module gained capabilities for modeling gears. See https://www.comsol.com/release/5.2a/multibody-dynamics-module . Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.