Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

loading mesh from a text file on a geometry with singularities

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

I want to mesh a structure using text data (coord.txt and vert.txt). The geometry of this structure comports singularities (point sources) which are located at a mesh vertex. The code saved within a M-file is the following:

g1=rect2(1,1,'base','corner','pos',[0,0]);
g2=point2(0.33333333333333326, 0.66666666666666652)

clear s
s.objs={g1};
s.name={'R1'};
s.tags={'g1'};
clear p
p.objs={g2};
p.name={'P1'};
p.tags={'p1'};

load coord.txt
load vert.txt
el = cell(1,0);
vert = vert+1;
el{1} = struct('type','quad','elem',vert');
m = femmesh(coord',el);
m = meshenrich(m);

fem.mesh = m;

And I get the following message error:
Error: 1100
Some errors were found in the FEM structure.

I suppose this message error is due to the point singularity. So my question: how can I load an external mesh on a geometry which comports singularities?
Actually I really need to mesh my structure with a regular quadratic mesh. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Magalie Huttin

0 Replies Last Post 2009年7月28日 GMT-4 15:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Magalie Huttin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.