Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

saving work done in comsol 4.3a to 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please can i save a work done in a higher version of COMSOL say 4.3a to a lower version file say 4.2a, so that i will be able to open my 4.3a file in a 4.2a package. This is possible with Ms-office, why not COMSOL? Can anybody help?

1 Reply Last Post 2013年3月15日 GMT-4 01:25
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月15日 GMT-4 01:25
Hello

unfortunately COMSOL developpers has not made this available, but I have many programmes CAD, math ... that does not allow to go "down" in versions. ANd one must admit that the data base and formulas used in COMSOL are somewhat different from a word doc, no ?

THe easiest is to save the geometry into a bin, most likely that you can upload again, you can save parameters and variables into text files and reload these, and then by opening both COMSOL (if you have both versions) you can cut and past the text forulas quickly from one to the other.

Personally I always remake my models in any new version, up too ;)

You could try to clear the solutions , the mesh and reset the file, and theen save it as a "m" file f you have matlab that might be read if the mdel is simple, but the risk of errors is unknown, and it's probably quicker to remake it from scratch

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hello unfortunately COMSOL developpers has not made this available, but I have many programmes CAD, math ... that does not allow to go "down" in versions. ANd one must admit that the data base and formulas used in COMSOL are somewhat different from a word doc, no ? THe easiest is to save the geometry into a bin, most likely that you can upload again, you can save parameters and variables into text files and reload these, and then by opening both COMSOL (if you have both versions) you can cut and past the text forulas quickly from one to the other. Personally I always remake my models in any new version, up too ;) You could try to clear the solutions , the mesh and reset the file, and theen save it as a "m" file f you have matlab that might be read if the mdel is simple, but the risk of errors is unknown, and it's probably quicker to remake it from scratch -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.