Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

curved beam

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
How can I change the radius of curvature of a reinforced concrete straight beam inorder to come up with a curved beam?

3 Replies Last Post 2017年9月11日 GMT-4 13:50
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月2日 GMT-4 14:29
Hi

I'm afraid you cannot, from the geometry as a straight beam means R = INF and INF is not really dealt with as a Parameter value. But if you make a laaarge radius its lmost a straight beam, no ?

But what is possible is to take a straight beam and apply a moment on one end and curve it at will ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm afraid you cannot, from the geometry as a straight beam means R = INF and INF is not really dealt with as a Parameter value. But if you make a laaarge radius its lmost a straight beam, no ? But what is possible is to take a straight beam and apply a moment on one end and curve it at will ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月5日 GMT-4 18:00
thank you
thank you

Felipe Robles Poblete

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年9月11日 GMT-4 13:50
Hello Ivar,

Is it possible to bend a beam by applying a moment at both ends and, after that constrain the curvature of the beam to that shape for the remaining of the transient simulation (sort of a boundary condition)?

Thanks,
-Felipe
Hello Ivar, Is it possible to bend a beam by applying a moment at both ends and, after that constrain the curvature of the beam to that shape for the remaining of the transient simulation (sort of a boundary condition)? Thanks, -Felipe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.