Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to estimate the parameters in PDE/ODE equations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my research, I have been dealing with mass transport processes in porous media. I used several coupled PDE/ODE equations to depict the physical process. The values of some critical parameters, such as diffusivities, are unknown to me. What I typically did was first assuming the values of those parameters, then using Comsol Multiphysics to solve the Equations and getting the profile of a variable with respect to time, then compare this model predicted profile with the experimental data. If these two can match, I accept the original assumptions, otherwise, I have to re-assume the values of those parameters, and repeat the above process till the model prediction well match the experimental results. We can imagine the above procedure is very tedious, time-consuming and low-efficient.

I was wondering whether this is a way to design an algorithm for auto-data fitting with Matlab to quickly figure out the values of those unknown parameters? Or please show me some of such examples if you know.

Thank you very much!

Jacky

1 Reply Last Post 2009年11月28日 GMT-5 20:36
COMSOL Moderator

Hello JUNPIN YAO

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Ehsan Sheikholeslamzadeh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月28日 GMT-5 20:36
Hi there

May I know how you couple the two PDE and ODE equations together with B.Cs and I.Cs ?

Best regards

Ehsan
Hi there May I know how you couple the two PDE and ODE equations together with B.Cs and I.Cs ? Best regards Ehsan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.